Thursday, 21 Jun 2018, 4:42 AM
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Grymm, RYU, AEON  
SDSU Brawlers » General » Events » Possible "Revenger" Tournament (Prize Tourney for Brawl during summer break)
Possible "Revenger" Tournament
MAFIADate: Thursday, 29 Apr 2010, 5:33 PM | Message # 1
Brawler
Group: Users
It's been a long time since we had a “Revenger” championship tournament. If anyone's interested, I want to hold an 8- or 16-player tourney for the title of "Revenger." I'm including a prize for winner and runner-up but the champ gets the main prize and photo with the belt on the site. I do need a place to hold the tourney since I don't have a Wii. There is a $3 entry fee but it's to get the prize and maybe some lunch. I'll pitch in a good amount of the cash for the prizes. Someone needs to bring a Wii, two motes, and a place for this to happen. I'm not going to let the CPU decide the matches; it selects the more one-sided matches so I will set the matches.

RULES FOR ENTRY:
1) Must be an Aztec Center regular.
2) Must be a member on the site.
3) Wii-mote is the default controller; other controllers are optional and can be used during tournament play.

MAIN TOURNEY RULES:
1) All players will play in 2 or 3 “free-for-all” matches for practice.
2) When all the players finish the prelim round, top 4 or 8 will draw numbers (1-4 or 1-8) for match position.
3) The #1 and #8 (or #16) contenders get to select their opponents.
4) Each match is 4-stock match, no time-limit, and arena is on neutral stages (Final-D/Battlefield/Smashville) [vote on 2-out-3 brawls].
5) Contenders are allowed to change characters twice during tournament play for desired match-up.
6) * No chain grabs and constant edge guarding for offense and defense.
7) * “Death Sentence” moves can be used but to a minimum (no spam kills).
8) * Respect the competitors during matches.

* I’M VERY SERIOUS ABOUT THESE RULES. I want a clear-cut winner, not a spammer or a player afraid to use different moves. We all fight in the same matches and under the same rules; don’t be afraid to play in a different way.

More details will be provided as we get a location.

POSSIBLE DATE FOR TOURNEY:
Jun 12, 19 or 26
Jul 10, 17, 31

Let me know if your available on one of the days or more.

Message edited by MAFIA - Friday, 30 Apr 2010, 9:57 PM

AEONDate: Thursday, 29 Apr 2010, 7:35 PM | Message # 2
3-Stocker
Group: Administrators
where did u copy paste this from.

MAFIADate: Friday, 30 Apr 2010, 10:01 AM | Message # 3
Brawler
I wrote these rules myself man.

FripplegitDate: Saturday, 01 May 2010, 12:32 PM | Message # 4
Spammer
a “Revenger” championship tournament
tourney for the title of "Revenger."

What the hell is that?

EclipseDate: Saturday, 01 May 2010, 8:50 PM | Message # 5
Low-tier
Quote (MAFIA)
It's been a long time since we had a “Revenger” championship tournament.

lol when was the last one and who won it?

MAFIADate: Saturday, 01 May 2010, 9:20 PM | Message # 6
Brawler
Frip, the Revenger title is a championship belt I won for a different game and decided to make use of it as our Brawl championship belt.

Eclipse, the first Revenger championship happened last semester and a regular named Chris aka Drow won the first title.

If you and anyone else is up for it, let me know which weekends you're available.

sirkibble2Date: Sunday, 02 May 2010, 8:45 AM | Message # 7
Mid-Tier
*raises hand*

I have some questions about the rules:

1). Why can't we 'constantly' edge guard if we're 'constantly' knocking someone off the stage? It would make the match go faster and that is how the game is supposed to be played.

2). What is a 'death sentence' move? Is this a grabbing Snake off his Cypher on the ledge move? Is this a Jigglypuff Down+b move? Is this a MK Down+b move? Is this a Kirbycide?

3). This isn't a question but if you could spam Snake's ftilt, you would. I've seen you do it.

MAFIADate: Sunday, 02 May 2010, 2:29 PM | Message # 8
Brawler
SK, the "Death Sentence" move is like Luigi's recovery, Falcon's air knee, Zelda's heel kick in air, and other move that you could think of that come with a "ping" sound or an powerful move that takes less than 60% to kill. The moves you listed are not "death sentence moves" except Jigglypuff's down-B.

The edge guarding- I made a mistake but if a player edge-guards to lure a player in, I give them a warning and if they don't do it, it's a DQ. Edge-guarding to stop someone from getting back to the field from under or the opposite side the stage is OK. Using MK's down-b to edge-guard is considered spamming.

Concerning Snake's f-tilt, I know what you mean. The moves that are being spammed alot are Falco's, DDD, Pikachu, (maybe fox and wolf's) and other characters who can chain grab; projectiles that can be fired constantly like Pikachu's thundershock/thunder, MK tornado and up-arial; and some other I'll look into.

If a laserlock happen, I'll give them 10 sec to go nuts and after that, let them out and fight em.

I made these rules so this title is made for a clear cut winner who wins this tourney in a respectable manner. I DON'T WANT A SPAMMER TO WIN THIS TITLE OTHERWISE, I'LL GET A NEW NAMPLATE FOR THE PLAYER WHO GET THE PHOTO THAT SAYS "SPAMMER" ON MY BELT.

RYUDate: Sunday, 02 May 2010, 5:55 PM | Message # 9
Top-tier
Group: Moderators
you know that spamming thundershock is the best method for pikachu to space right?
and no chain grab? it is a legitimate strategy that cannot be infinite except for DDD's (and his is only on a select few)
and your definition of a "death sentence" move makes no sense at all.
First off, the moves you listed aren't spammed at all because they can only kill at decent amount of damage. (and all those moves can be punished if they miss so why not let them spam)

AEONDate: Sunday, 02 May 2010, 9:00 PM | Message # 10
3-Stocker
OK, so if you play snake you can't:

- throw grenades cause that's spamming
- side-special because its a spam-able projectile.
- you can't F-smash spam, because its a "death sentence". Snakes F-smash is the 4th strongest in the game, kills at 0 percent on the edge of FD.
- You can't down throw because you can "infinite" on the edge

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Also

8) * Respect the competitors during matches.

Your saying, if i win, i cant give a Wiimote a BJ(smoke) then spit(blow) it in the losers face. Cause that's my real life taught yah know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly clarify the death sentence rules, because I'm offended by your lack of knowledge on Captain Falcon's sacred knee. His knee does not make a "ping" sound, it doesn't need to. Anyways Falcon's knee requires precision accuracy and balls. Also ping moves are highly punishable which would make the user stupid if they spammed them.

- Stop this Madnessssssss

GrymmDate: Sunday, 02 May 2010, 10:32 PM | Message # 11
Administrator
Well technically pikachu's t-bolts is its main way to rack up damage and is how even professional pikachu players fight. And its not like meta knights tornado because you can actually power shield t-bolts if you have good reflexes.

It's kinda like saying diddy can't use bananas or lucario use aura sphere's. If you don't want an opponent to use a certain move (like pikachu's t-bolts or pit's arrows) then they should be able to choose a move that you can't use as well (like snakes forward tilts or forward smashes).

Also "death sentence" moves should be allowed because it is really hard to pull off and also takes some luck. Plus they don't kill you right away unless you are at a high percent.

As for chain grabs, I think they should be allowed, but you can only grab a maximum of 3 times in a row.

sirkibble2Date: Monday, 03 May 2010, 9:18 AM | Message # 12
Mid-Tier
You must not play many fighting games if at high levels with these type of rules MAFIA. This would be tantamount to Ryu not being able to FADC from Shoryuken into Ultra or no Critical Finishes in Soul Calibur IV or no Fireball moves at all in Street Fighter. It's kinda ridiculous, good sir.

MAFIADate: Monday, 03 May 2010, 4:04 PM | Message # 13
Brawler
I may reconsider it but I'm still working on the rules of this tourney but definitely, chain grabs are going to be limited or not allowed.

I think that we may have the tourney at my house or somewhere else

Message edited by MAFIA - Monday, 03 May 2010, 4:28 PM

EclipseDate: Monday, 03 May 2010, 10:44 PM | Message # 14
Low-tier
Quote (MAFIA)
The edge guarding- I made a mistake but if a player edge-guards to lure a player in, I give them a warning and if they don't do it, it's a DQ. Edge-guarding to stop someone from getting back to the field from under or the opposite side the stage is OK. Using MK's down-b to edge-guard is considered spamming.

i think what he means is that when both players are on stage you cant run off and stay on the edge to make the other player come to you.

Quote (Grymm)
As for chain grabs, I think they should be allowed, but you can only grab a maximum of 3 times in a row.

i like this idea. i'll just spike after the third throw heh heh

Quote (MAFIA)
If a laserlock happen, I'll give them 10 sec to go nuts and after that, let them out and fight em.

i say that you should just let the laser lock go on cuz if someone actually gets themselves trapped in a laser lock they totally deserve it lol

Quote (AEON)
Anyways Falcon's knee requires precision accuracy and balls.

agreed

MAFIADate: Tuesday, 04 May 2010, 11:16 AM | Message # 15
Brawler
Those ideas will work but moves like Falcon's knee and Zelda's heels should be limited and be used as a finishing move to end the match.
Towards the chain-grabs, I'm still working on my ruling for it but these sound like decent ideas.

Message edited by MAFIA - Tuesday, 04 May 2010, 11:18 AM

SDSU Brawlers » General » Events » Possible "Revenger" Tournament (Prize Tourney for Brawl during summer break)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: