Sunday, 18 Feb 2018, 0:41 AM
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 3 of 3«123
Forum moderator: Grymm, RYU, AEON 
SDSU Brawlers » General » Events » Possible "Revenger" Tournament (Prize Tourney for Brawl during summer break)
Possible "Revenger" Tournament
sirkibble2Date: Wednesday, 05 May 2010, 9:53 PM | Message # 31
Mid-Tier
Group: Users
Grymm and Aeon, y'all are hecka funny. I'm sitting here crackin up on my couch.

AEONDate: Wednesday, 05 May 2010, 10:26 PM | Message # 32
3-Stocker
Group: Administrators
In all this excitement it seems part of our evidence was tampered with and removed. So i mustered up a little effort and reposted our video.

this video basically shows that chain-grabbing can be legal if used in the right circumstances. And as Grymm posted before chain grabbing is very much the same as grabbing chains.

After thoughts:

Now your probably asking yourself, what if this happens to me during a tourney. Well accidental chain grabs can happen, we've become so accustom of re-grabbing that it sometimes feels instinctive. That's why i propose the "3 grab rule," this rule states that it is legal to grab up to three times in a row in a official match. As shown in the evidence above 3 chain grabs seems to be the legal limit before the opponent finds it cheap and the chain becomes stale.

ZekeDate: Wednesday, 05 May 2010, 11:22 PM | Message # 33
Veteran
So if its MLG rules, I will not use the same character twice in this tournament.

That should make it even enough. <3

And to clear things up. This game is easy. Chain grabbing is easy. And part of the game. Falco is the 4th best character due to being able to give < %40 to 3/4 the cast on pure muscle memory.

But is he STILL only the 4th best character. Meaning there are 3 characters better than him. And they can't even chain grab.

MK can until like 15% on a few characters. So Chain Grabbing isn't that big of a deal.
DeDeDe isn't even A Tier.

MAFIADate: Thursday, 06 May 2010, 4:46 PM | Message # 34
Brawler
It is because it's a cheap strategy to win and many players feel like they were robbed from a good match

Added (06 May 2010, 4:46 PM)
---------------------------------------------
BTW, here's the tourney's ruling on chain-grabbing:

1) Both players must agree to allow this moves. The 1st stage will be selected at random and the loser gets to pick the next stage.
2) If one player votes "no" on chain-grabs, it will be prohibited but the player who says "yes" gets to pick the stages.

We may have the tourney would be at my house on one of these possible days:

May 22 (I celebrating my belated b-day since my real b-day is during finals)
June 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
July 9, 10, 16, 17, 30, 31

Let me know when you're available and which day is good for you.

ZekeDate: Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 10:31 AM | Message # 35
Veteran
You know you can just avoid getting grabbed right? Or stay on the ledge so they can only grab you once.
Lets play a match, and every time you grab me, I'll take a stock off. I still have a good chance at winning if I just play really smart.

And that's like 10 times worse than just getting chain grabbed and taking like 18 or 24%.

Its not cheap its a valuable asset to the people that can do it because with out it, they wouldn't be nearly as good.

You have to Ban Metaknight, Snake's tilts/nades, and Diddy's Banana's before you ban Falco's and IC's Chain grabbing. And then Ban Wario's Fart/Air camping, Marth's balance (Being one of the most balanced characters in the game) (LOL) before banning King Dedede's Chain Grab.

Just saying.

Also, Its better if you pick a tournament date yourself and make it solid, unless no one can go that day because no matter what, you wont get everyone to go.

I'm available May 22nd, and June 5th is my Birthday. Bitches better get me some presents.

AND, the rule about being a Bowling alley normal is kinda dumb, bringing in outside players is a great way to improve and learn.It benefits both you and them.

MAFIADate: Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 11:09 AM | Message # 36
Brawler
I have now selected that May 22nd is the best date to do it. I already sent out some flyers. let me know if you want one

sirkibble2Date: Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 12:18 PM | Message # 37
Mid-Tier
Banning Marth's balance. That made me laugh.

So far, May 22nd is open for me so count me in. What time are you thinking?

MAFIADate: Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 3:57 PM | Message # 38
Brawler
SK, we know that GEM-X (Annie), Death (Alan Lam) are able to go. We're going to have lunch first at D&B at 1200 or 1230 and then we're going to move the tourney to my house.

ZekeDate: Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 9:41 PM | Message # 39
Veteran
Also, it might be a good idea to charge a larger entry fee and pay out to top 3. Like... 5 dollars entry, and it pays out 1st = 55% and the Revenger Championship, 2nd = 25%, 3rd = Money back. And you keep the rest for hosting or something.

Also, doubles would be really fun too. =]

SDSU Brawlers » General » Events » Possible "Revenger" Tournament (Prize Tourney for Brawl during summer break)
Page 3 of 3«123
Search: