• Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Grymm, RYU, AEON  
SDSU Brawlers » General » General Brawl Discussion » front desk people
front desk people
CptFalkonDate: Monday, 17 May 2010, 7:21 PM | Message # 1
Noob
Group: Users
whats the opinion on these guys, i feel like they dont appreciate our business wink

AMXDate: Monday, 17 May 2010, 7:45 PM | Message # 2
Mid-Tier
it's a number of things. Mae told me about them
1) since we play literally all day, no one else can play, even though no one has actually came to us and said they wanted to play a different game
2) i've notice we keep leaving trash. even i would get pissed at that
3) we can get a little too loud and piss them off more.

it's a number of things but i actually want to get friendly with them so we can play without them wishing hell upon us.

CptFalkonDate: Monday, 17 May 2010, 8:13 PM | Message # 3
Noob
yeah the trash is becoming a problem...we should get that together...
also ive been guilty of cussing, that doesnt seem too bad, but i think they hate that
about us...
still some of them are mean

AMXDate: Monday, 17 May 2010, 8:17 PM | Message # 4
Mid-Tier
I think we should just clean up after ourselves. We're college students, we can do that.
Plus, we should just not cuss OUTLOUD. that might get to them.
hopefully if we actually do that, they may not hate us as much.
but i understand, some of them can get mean.

GrymmDate: Monday, 17 May 2010, 8:51 PM | Message # 5
Administrator
Group: Administrators
Yo man I know whats up so I'll tell you both sides.

The some of the workers at the Aztec Center feel as if a lot of the people who play brawl down there are annoying and we are like a chore to them. They are probably tired of fixing the chairs, picking up trash, and dealing with Wiimotes all the time like it seems to be more of a hassle. Therefore I feel as they don't like some of the 'brawlers' which is understandable like the ones who get to loud and disturb others (except for me cause I'm one of the normal ones haha).

As for the us, we feel that some of the employees feel like because of us they have to work harder and that is probably why some don't like us. I'm not saying that they don't like all of us because some of them are only bothered by certain people. I'm also not saying that all the employees don't like us, most don't even mind.

As for me, I'm planning on working somewhere at school and wouldn't mind doing it at the Aztec Center over the summer or fall.

And as for you, I know you are the boss of the employees who's doing a good job of trying to figure out this 'situation' and probably saved a copy of a failed attempt of a flier and found this site.

I made this website over winter break as a means to keep in touch with one another, letting people know about events, as well as a way to get more visitors interested in the game and down in the Aztec Center. Even if there probably won't be a Wii or a TV next year I don't think it would really bother us that much. But that would mean that this sites purpose would mainly be for socializing.

ZekeDate: Monday, 17 May 2010, 9:17 PM | Message # 6
Veteran
Its kinda what they get paid for though.

They get to like sit there and do nothing for hours on end to get paid. I mean, I'm all for common courtesy and being polite and picking up my trash. But ultimately it's their job yo. Let them go it and get paid.

AMXDate: Monday, 17 May 2010, 10:17 PM | Message # 7
Mid-Tier
Robbie, I kinda agree. Some of us do create more trouble than there needs to be and are also careless to think about what they have to do. The trash and noise level I think we all can try to change. Although Zeke does have a point. The wiimotes? it is their job to oversee it. And i'm sure we're not the worst people they've dealt with.

Aztec Center? that would be so cool if you worked there!

RYUDate: Monday, 17 May 2010, 10:19 PM | Message # 8
Top-tier
Group: Moderators
Yeah... i was wondering who CptFalkon was. but anyways I've never had a problem with the front desk ppl tho they dont seem to like us very much. It is true we can get a little loud sometimes (unfortunately it is usually during when they have bowling class) and yeah switching out wiimotes and whatnot can be bothersome but like Zeke said.. they get paid for it.

And about the trash, some days it is a big problem and some days its clean so i dont know.

MAFIADate: Monday, 17 May 2010, 10:46 PM | Message # 9
Brawler
I have no idea who he is either. But I do know that the frat boy who works there hates us. I know the big dude and the other guy was OK with us as long as we clean up after ourselves. I don't get why the girls there like the frat boy cuz he recommended to fix up the Wii internal system. Can u believe that?

AEONDate: Monday, 17 May 2010, 10:50 PM | Message # 10
3-Stocker
It's their job they should stop bitching like little pussy's. If they want to know what work actually is, I'll be happy to actually show them. I've never seen a job so easy and over staffed. If their not occasionally doing their job, their on facebook or just talking.
If a person leaves trash, they should pick it up, you don't get pissed at the customer (cause that's technically who we are). I'm not saying we should all leave our trash there, but if someone does by accident, they get paid for a reason.
Once again I can't think of a job that's easier than that, maybe a wal-mart greeter, no I take that back a wal-mart greeter is a harder job. I can't wait till they get a real job and it totally kicks them in the butt. In contrast though, there are a couple of employs that are genuine in character and pretty down to earth.

GrymmDate: Monday, 17 May 2010, 11:07 PM | Message # 11
Administrator
Frat boy?

sirkibble2Date: Monday, 17 May 2010, 11:25 PM | Message # 12
Mid-Tier
I've never actually considered the chairs and all that situation only because I'm usually down there when everything is already messed up. However, I would say if we want grace from them at any point for any reason, we're going to have to meet them half way.

We're not at a sports arena or a baseball park so leaving trash is pretty unnecessary, unless you genuinely forget about it.

As far as noise levels, that happens when we have fun. It's inevitable. During bowling classes, okay be aware but when it's just regular bowling & game hours, if we make noise, it shouldn't be that annoying that we actually enjoy being there.

And we should put the chairs back as we found them. It's more work on us but the least we could do for "troubling" them is meeting them half-way. I'd guarantee they'd eventually be cool with us. Just cause we're gamers doesn't mean we have to be asses while doing it.

AMXDate: Tuesday, 18 May 2010, 0:53 AM | Message # 13
Mid-Tier
personally, I think we should all just try to clean up after ourselves and keep noise down when it's class time. As for the actual stuff such as the wiimotes, it's their jobs. And i don't know why they can't just come talk to us about the trash. if they have an issue, just tell us to clean up. How hard is that?

MAFIADate: Tuesday, 18 May 2010, 9:50 AM | Message # 14
Brawler
One of the employees is a frat boy from one of the party frats. I feel that we're paying for those frat boys to stay at SDSU when they can't get good grades.

Added (18 May 2010, 9:50 Am)
---------------------------------------------
He said that we should use duct tape to fix up the Wii's internal systems.

AMXDate: Tuesday, 18 May 2010, 11:16 AM | Message # 15
Mid-Tier
wait, duct tape? how is that possible?

that reminds me, mae told me they were actually thinking about charging for the wii or tv...although i don't know how since there is no wii

SDSU Brawlers » General » General Brawl Discussion » front desk people
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: