Tuesday, 14 Aug 2018, 5:16 PM
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Grymm, RYU, AEON  
SDSU Brawlers » General » General Brawl Discussion » Mindgames.
Mindgames.
OwODate: Thursday, 02 Dec 2010, 5:46 PM | Message # 1
Low-tier
Group: Users
so, apparently I have none ._.
but... I do have tha bread and the BDACUS!

GrymmDate: Friday, 03 Dec 2010, 0:09 AM | Message # 2
Administrator
Group: Administrators
Ok try this (this is what I did). Try using the same move over and over to "condition" your opponent (like always run and dash attack). Then after about 5 or so, use a different move because when you're running at them they're expecting a dash attack, so you can just grab at their shield or run behind them and pivot grab if they always spot dodges the dash attack, etc.

Basically try to memorize "read" what your opponent does and how they space every move you make against them. Then find the right strategy to go against it like grabbing more or charging smashes when they will dodge, etc.

It might take a while but when you play just try to remember what people do, like when they lay on the ground after they get hit, they usually roll away or get-up attack, so just follow their roll and punish or shield their attack etc. (I see you do this one at least, but only for get-up attacks).

If you think all this takes too much work, just play defensively the whole match, don't approach and have them come to you, and try to 'read' how they approach you so you can pivot grab, shield, etc. Like walk backwards and have them follow you, then forward smash behind you or dash at them and grab, etc.

GrymmDate: Friday, 03 Dec 2010, 9:47 AM | Message # 3
Administrator
But what you need to work on more is doing the right move at the right time. Like you have moments where you could have killed someone but you just do something else like go for a grab, etc. Um, if you play a lot of really good people then you'll know what to do because before I was pretty bad at the game and relied on spot-dodge to downsmash to kill, etc.

OwODate: Saturday, 04 Dec 2010, 0:16 AM | Message # 4
Low-tier
Yeah I myself have realized that I do some stupid punishes; I play defensively so I guess I don't take as many risks and finish someone off-stage. I'm still a casual player since I've never been to a competitive tournament and I also play for fun like the other brawlers here; always many things to improve upon! Anyway, thanks for the advice. Seems like in order to get better, I just need to pay more attention to my opponents habits and obviously play more and it should come naturally.

EclipseDate: Wednesday, 08 Dec 2010, 10:52 PM | Message # 5
Low-tier
man mindgames are tough since its something that cant really be taught. unfortunately it just comes with experience. a good thing to remember though is that when someone is put in a bad situation or has a lot of pressure put on them they usually go with what they feel is the safest play. for example when people roll towards the middle of the stage when theyre close to the edge. most of the time those kinda rolls are unintentional and they just do it without even thinking about it because thats how their mind is trained to react in those bad situations. its habits like that that are good to watch out for because once you figure them out you can start baiting them out and making them happen instead of just waiting for them to happen.

Added (08 Dec 2010, 10:52 PM)
---------------------------------------------
btw lolol @ your super saiyan cat picture thingy

GrymmDate: Wednesday, 08 Dec 2010, 11:15 PM | Message # 6
Administrator
Yeah like when I do this crazy cool combo and they land on the ground but didn't tech the fall, they usually like to roll away because they don't want to get hit, so I follow their roll away and follow up with more combos lol. But for the smart people, they will just stand up, so when I fight people like white Daniel I usually read his get up and so I run past his body then pivot grab when he stands.

SDSU Brawlers » General » General Brawl Discussion » Mindgames.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: